Tuesday, March 01, 2005

have i offended you?

i went to my music theory and pedagogy class this morning. it was an interesting class, as today we met at lucy's to eat breakfast and talk philosophy of teaching. i was pretty quiet throughout the discussion, i usually seem to be in that class, i'm really sure why. i think it's just that the people in my class talk so much and always take my points away from me. but i'm pretty sure that i'll get an a, even without tons of class participation. i think it's really good that we have to do philosophy statements for our teaching. i know that thinking about what i value in teaching has made me really piece together what i want to teach and how i want to approach the whole teaching world. i feel so lucky to be going to an institution that allows me to have so much experience before i actually go out and student teach. i'm really, really, really excited to do that. scared, but wholly excited. 'thank god for model trains, without them they wouldn't have gotten the idea for the big trains' hehe.

spring break is only three weeks away. i asked for a few hours at target. i'll only make like $125, but it would be good to make as much money as possible. as my car, my fredrick, is dying. and i also probably need to buy a new computer for next year, as my dear lappy is (to be blunt) old and has less than 700kb of memory left. sad. but at least my dad has a 'real??' job now. well, he has been working as a real estate agent, but seeing as the real estate business takes about 10 years to mature and become a profit making business, he hasn't been making a whole lot of money. not that i hold that against my dad. my dad does a lot of work, but real estate doesn't make any money unless you buy or sell something. thus my dad could work as hard as he wants to and still never make any money. but ibm asked him back to do some sort of a spread sheet management job. yay! i know my dad was getting super frustrated with not being able to provide the same income that he had had before ibm laid him off the first time. but my dad is a resilient character and gets the work done. aww, parents are great. wholly frustrating, but good.

well, i suppose i shall take a shower. return to lucy's for lunch. go to the con and warm up for my lesson. have my lesson. come back to my room for about 30mins. go to aural skills. go to asta. eat dinner. go to orchestra. go to the staff meeting. perhaps work some more on my music history journal. and go to sleep. tuesdays are busy, busy, busy days. yet, i love them. i love asta. it makes everything happy. even though tuesdays are really fun and really stressful. okay, i have blabbed enough for the moment. laters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home